The benefits to relaxation are well known and the ability to become relaxed and to remain relaxed is a wonderful quality that’s becoming highly sought after in our busy lives. Below is a list of sixteen benefits to being relaxed:
1. Relaxation lowers the heart rate.
2. Relaxation reduces blood pressure.
3. Relaxation slows the rate of breathing.
4. Relaxation increases blood flow to the muscles.
5. Relaxation decreases muscle tension.
6. Relaxation decreases the metabolic rate.
7. Relaxation increases energy levels.
8. Relaxation enhances sleep.
9. Relaxation improves concentration.
10. Relaxation helps with problem-solving.
11. Relaxation leads to greater efficiency.
12. Relaxation results in calmer emotions.
13. Relaxation leads to less headaches and pain.
14. Relaxation promotes immunity.
15. Relaxation improves general health.
16. Relaxation promotes longevity.
In the Western World we aren't taught to relax. Some people even feel guilty if they catch themselves relaxing.
Our world is consumer driven and to consume one must have money. Money, we are taught, doesn't grow on trees and is earned through hard work. Instead of relaxation we get caffeine in the Western World! It’s almost as if we have lost our sense of balance.
Fortunately, relaxation is natural. Like breathing, we are able to regulate our levels of relaxation. As we are easily able to increase our rate of breathing and decrease our rate of breathing at will, so we can control our levels of relaxation once we have been taught.
Relaxing is far easier done than said. Any good hypnotherapist will be able to teach you how to relax your mind and body in minutes.